Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Jevic Perez (Boys' Soccer)


Junior defender Jevic Perez moved to Leomister from Fitchburg three years ago, and was a big part of the Blue Devils’ district title run a year ago as a sophomore.  Jevic said his love of soccer evolved after giving a variety of other sports a try.

“My mom signed me up for different sports and I liked soccer the most, so I stayed playing it,” Jevic said.  


Jevic started playing soccer when he was six-years-old.


“(I love) the competitiveness and being able to bond with my team,” Jevic said.  “I am a very competitive person and I try to win in everything I compete in.”


Another one of Jevic’s strengths is his versatility according to coach Steve McCaughey.


“Jevic is an extremely talented and versatile player,” McCaughey said.  “His understanding of the game allows me to use him all over the field.  This year he has played outside back, center back, center defensive mid and center attacking mid depending on where I have needed him most each game.  He is tough, smart, and skilled and he loves to compete, and this combination has turned him into a leader in our program.”


That leadership evolved into Jevic being named a captain this season.


“This year Jevic was named a captain of the team as a junior because of the effort and experience that he brings to the field, as well as the example he sets for other players in our program,” McCaughey said. 


Jevic plays soccer all year long as he plays club soccer for NEFC, but he said his time spent with his Blue Devil teammates is truly special.


“The bond I have with my teammates and the determination to win is what I like most about being a part of the LHS team,” Jevic said.  


Jevic hopes to one day play college soccer and study sports medicine.  When he’s not playing soccer, he enjoys playing video games.


In school, he said Mrs. Piragis’ Spanish class is his favorite so far.  



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...