Monday, March 29, 2021

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Angelina Broomfield (Girls' Volleyball)


 


In Middle School, current Blue Devil standout volleyball player Angelina

Broomfield was introduced to the sport and has benefitted in a variety of

ways ever since.

Playing this sport has improved my time management, leadership skills, communication, and helped me become an overall more well-rounded person,” Angelina said.  “Being a part of the volleyball team at LHS has kept me motivated in my in-school and out-of-school life as well as provide many great opportunities for me.”

That motivation has paid off.  Angelina will attend UMass-Amherst in the fall where she plans on studying Biology.  Her big picture goals include a Pre-Med track that will eventually lead to Medical School.  

LHS girls’ volleyball coach John Antonetti said Angie’s success both on and off the court has a lot to do with her outlook.

“Angie has the most positive attitude of any athlete I have ever coached,” Antonetti said.  “She never gets down on herself or teammates and is always looking to improve on her fundamentals.  She's always willing to help out wherever needed.”

Angelina said she credits her coach with helping her stay in the moment.

Coach Antonetti has helped me with keeping my mental state calm during games, an easily brushed over but crucial aspect of the sport,” Angelina said.  “This has greatly improved my skill during my time on the varsity team.”

At LHS, Angelina said her favorite class was an independent study where she was able to create her own curriculum, which Angelina did on women in sports.  

“This class dissected the Title lX (9) law which allowed for equality for women in sports,” Angelina said.  

“JV Volleyball coach and health teacher Ms. Comeau has been a huge role model during my high school career,” Angelina added.  “She is a talented coach who guided me during my time on the JV volleyball team as well as encouraged me during school and continues to do so.” 

Outside of school, Angelina works her family’s business and enjoys assistant coach during the off-season.  In her free time, she plays both the piano and the guitar.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...