Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Trish Scott (Girls' Track)




Senior Trish Scott started running track during her freshman year as a way to stay active during cheerleading off-season.  

“I wanted to play a sport during my off-season of cheer and I tried running track and fell in love with it,” Trish said.  “I like how many different events you could participate in and how supportive the team is while you're running.”


Trish said she has enjoyed being a Blue Devil track athlete.


“Even though we don’t have a real track to run on, we still push our hardest, even when it feels 100 degrees outside,” Trish said.  


Trish said she has learned a lot from her coach, Karen Marino.


“My head coach doesn’t give up on me, even when I don’t want to push my hardest, she makes me and it’s beneficial for me,” Trish said.  “I also like how if you are injured, she doesn’t let you overdo it and makes sure you are okay.”


Trishana is a very versatile and talented athlete,” Marino said.  “She scores points for the team every meet in multiple events.  She is a top notch high jumper and triple jumper finishing first in our meets thus far this year. In her sophomore year she qualified for the triple jump at the state level.”


“She is also an excellent sprinter in both the 100 and 200 meter dash,” Marino added.  “She is always looking for guidance to improve her performance and works very hard at practice to continue getting better.  She is amazing to watch on the track.  It will be a great loss to the team next year to not have Trish.”


Next year, Trish is planning on attending the Catherine Hinds Institute in Woburn where she will study to become an esthetician.  


At LHS, Trish was a member of the cheerleading team and participated in Youth Venture and Advocates for the Invisible.  


Trish said her favorite classes at LHS were Algebra I and II and her favorite teacher was Mr. Sheehan.  


Out of school, Trish enjoys going to the beach with her friends and going to the gym.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...