Monday, September 6, 2021

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Patience Roberge (Girls' Soccer)



Freshman girls’ soccer player Patience Roberge has only been a Blue Devil for a few weeks, but she’s already turning heads as a player to watch this year and into the future.  

“Patience is a freshman spitfire,” girls’ soccer coach Katie Gingras said.  “She is lightning fast, creative and her passion for the game is evident during every single session.  She is the perfect mix of humble and fierce.  She’s the definition of a team player and has a bright future ahead of her as a Lady Blue Devil.”


Patience started playing soccer when she was in first and second grade, and has grown to love the game ever since that introduction.  


I love playing soccer,” Patience said.  “But mostly making a good passing sequence or creating a good play.  I love how it feels, how it looks, and the satisfaction of it.”


Patience said she has also learned a lot from Gingras in a short amount of time.


“Coach G has taught me moves and playing during the game of course, but her constant words like ‘you will not play if you do not work hard’ and ‘if you are standing still you are doing something wrong’ (are motivators.)”   “So I apply these to my game play and it keeps me motivated and I thank her for that.  Although I have not just learned this, I love how it is rapid and her constant focus.”


Patience has also enjoyed being part of the LHS team so far.


“The girls are all nice, I could have a conversation with all of them and it would be fun,” Patience said. “I also love the motivation of them and coach.  It makes me work harder and feel better.”


In school Patience said her favorite class so far is history with Mr. Barnaby.  


“(Away from school), I love to listen to music, be crafty such as going to festivals and working with my mom, painting, hangout with family and friends,” Patience added.  


Patience has even begun to think about life after LHS.


“I would like to play soccer in college as of right now,” Patience said.   “If not, I would still want to be included in sports as a sports manager or event organizer.  I think of going to college in a city, living in an apartment during or after.  Although I have no profession ideas, I would love to travel anywhere I can after high school.”  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...