Saturday, October 30, 2021

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Luke Harper (Boys' Cross Country)



Standout junior cross country runner Luke Harper comes by running honestly.  His father and his father’s siblings all ran cross country and track at Leominster High.  So for Luke, who started running in the sixth grade before really taking it seriously in the eighth grade, it’s a natural fit.  


Luke has thrived as a runner at LHS since his arrival according to his coach, Danielle Lussier.  


Luke is one of the most hard working and dedicated athletes on the team,” Lussier said.  “He comes to practice every day to work with a smile on his face and has been our number one runner all season.” 


Luke said he enjoys all the facets of running.


I enjoy racing with my teammates and being able to challenge myself,” Luke said.  


Luke also he’s improved thanks to the quality coaching he has gotten while a Blue Devil.


“My coaches had expectations for me that I didn't think I could reach, but through their support I was able to reach them and continue to improve because of them,” Luke explained. 


Someday, Luke wants to continue running in college where he plans on studying engineering.  In the meantime, Luke, who also runs indoor and outdoor track at LHS, said his favorite class at LHS is Honors Electronics.


“My  favorite class is Honors Electronics and Mr. Antonetti and his approach to teaching makes the program interesting and enjoyable,” Luke said.


Outside of school, Luke enjoys skiing and volunteering at church.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...