Saturday, December 18, 2021

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Patrick LeBlanc (Boys' Ice Hockey)



Patrick LeBlanc started playing hockey when he was just seven years old after his father introduced him to the sport.


“My dad introduced me and always put the Bruins on when I was younger and that made me fall in love with the game,” Patrick explained.


Now in his fourth year of varsity hockey with the Blue Devils, Patrick is an alternate captain for coach Frank Mooney who said Patrick has matured significantly in the past year to earn a leadership title.  


“Patrick leads by example on the ice with his work ethic and scores lots of goals by getting to the difficult areas of the ice that many are not willing to go to,” Mooney said.


Patrick said scoring is fun but he enjoys being a part of the team just as much.  


I love the scoring aspect of the game but I also love how you can make friendships that will last a lifetime in the game,” Patrick said.  “What I like most is being able to represent the school.”


Patrick also plays club hockey with the Minuteman Flames organization and hopes to continue playing or coaching after his high school days are over. 


Patrick said playing for Mooney has been a great overall experience.


“I’ve learned that my coach is a great person to talk to when looking for help,” Patrick said.  “I really love and appreciate the fact that he listens to our suggestions and helps us make things work for us.”


Patrick also plays varsity golf at LHS and said his favorite class in high school has been Economics with Mr. Robichaud.


“It has been a blast and it’s cool to learn about other countries' economic situations,” Patrick said.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...