Saturday, April 29, 2023

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Daniel Caetano (Boys' Volleyball)



Junior boys’ volleyball player Daniel Caetano is one of those players that doesn’t come along very often according to LHS boys’ volleyball coach John Antonetti. 


“Daniel is one of those talented athletes that come far and few in a coaches career,” Antonetti explained.  “He is a great kid, both on and off the court. Very humble, extremely willing to help his teammates succeed.  One of the few athletes that I've coached that genuinely loves the sport.  He (makes) all of us better.”


Daniel came to Leominster a little over a year ago after growing up in Brazil.  As a freshman in his school in Brazil, Daniel started playing volleyball.  


I'm not sure how, but I fell in love with volleyball when me and my friends were playing volleyball,” Daniel said.  “All my friends like volleyball, that’s what makes me like this sport.  I love my teammates and (coach Antonetti) here at LHS.”  


Daniel said he would like to play volleyball after graduating from high school but is living in the moment enjoying his junior season here at LHS.  When asked what his favorite class was here at LHS, Daniel respectfully indicated it was volleyball practice with his volleyball family.


Outside of school, Daniel said he keeps it pretty simple.


“I work out, I practice, I read books, I go out with friends,” Daniel said.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...