Sunday, January 14, 2024

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Riley Moore (Girls' Ice Hockey)



Senior girls’ ice hockey player is a lifelong Leominster resident who started playing ice hockey during her freshman year thanks to a timely conversation with her father.

My dad came up to me one day and asked if I would be interested in playing hockey since the team was looking for players and some of my family plays,” Riley said.


Once on the ice, Riley said she got hooked pretty quickly.  


“I love the feeling I get when I’m skating and the adrenaline that comes with it,” Riley said.  


Riley said she also loves being a part of the team and learning under the coaching staff including LHS head coach Nancy LeBlanc.


“I like the amount of friendships that I made and continue to make,” Riley said.  “I learned that effort matters and to always work hard.”


Riley would like to play DIII or Club hockey in college at the University of New England.   


“After high school I’m planning on attending the University of New England to major in marine biology,” Riley said.  “My goal is to earn my master’s degree.”


At LHS, Riley’s favorite class was Earth Science and her favorite teacher is Ms. Grimes.


Away from school and the rink, Riley enjoys skim boarding and riding her bike in the summer.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...