Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Alana Marchetti (Alpine Skiing)



Junior Alana Marchetti is a member of the Lunenburg High School Alpine Ski Cooperative which includes Leominster, Littleton and Narragansett Regional.  Alana has skied her entire life but got started ski racing when she got to high school.  

Alpine skiing was always my favorite sport to watch during the Winter Olympics and I always admired the racers at Wachusett so my freshman year I decided to join the team,” Alana said.  


“The people I’ve met have been awesome,” Alana said.  “The team combines with Littleton and Lunenburg so we get a chance to make friends from all around.”


Alana also plays field hockey and lacrosse at LHS.  


“The people I play with become a family every year which makes the sport that much better each season,” Alana said.  


Alana has career aspirations of becoming a veterinarian. 


“Biology has been my favorite class during high school helping me find what I want to do,” Alana said.  


As for skiing in college, Alana hasn’t closed that door.


“I’d maybe see if I could join a club if I go somewhere cold for college,” Alana said.  “If I don’t I will still keep skiing and maybe pick it back up along the way.”


In addition to being a three-sport athlete, Alana is also the Secretary of the Junior class.  


Her favorite class at LHS so far has been A.P. Psychology and her favorite teacher is Ms. Robineau.  


Outside of school, it’s all about sports too for Alana.


“Most of my year is spent playing lacrosse, field hockey or skiing,” Alana said.     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Adrianna Lattanzio (Girls' Tennis)

Adrianna Lattanzio has been a member of the LHS girls’ tennis team since her sophomore year and her game has seen big improvements year over...