Sunday, September 22, 2024

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Miles Phillpotts (Cross Country)



Sophomore cross country runner Miles Phillpotts has emerged as one of the top runners for coach Karen Marino’s Blue Devil cross country team this season.

Miles is a talented distance runner that has come back even stronger in his sophomore year,” Marino said.  “He pushes himself and challenges his teammates to continually improve.  I look forward to the success he will achieve this season and am honored to play a part in it.”


Miles started cross country running in the seventh grade, introduced to running by both his father and grandfather who are also running enthusiasts.  Miles grew to like the sport because of the challenges it presented to him.


I like the challenge of beating my time and pushing myself to keep improving,” Miles said.  


Miles also said being a part of the LSH cross country team has been a special experience, especially under Coach Marino.  


I like running with my friends and teammates,” Miles said.  “My coach taught me to really push myself and to keep improving.”  


With more than two years remaining in high school, Miles’ future plans are still developing, but he also knows he will run for as long as he can.


“I would like to continue running cross country in college and continue running to stay fit as an adult,” Miles said.  


Staying fit in high school is also part of Miles’ plan, wrestling in the winter and running track in the spring for the Blue Devils.


“My favorite class at LHS so far is English with one of my favorite teachers, Ms. McAuliffe,” Miles added.  


Outside of school, Miles enjoys going to the gym, spending time with family and friends, hiking, and playing his guitar. 


   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...