Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Patience Roberge (Girls' Soccer)




In the first scrimmage a year ago, Patience Roberge suffered a torn ACL which forced to miss her entire junior season.  Now healthy and one of three captains (along with Mia Keenan and Jillian French) on the LHS girls’ soccer team, Patience is making the most out of her final season in a Blue Devil uniform.  

"Patience has flawlessly stepped into a leadership role, on and off the field,” LHS coach Todd Turcotte said.  “She brings a passion for the game, and a sense of humor to our team.  Patience will be missed in the years to come.”


Patience started playing soccer when she was seven years old.


My parents wanted me involved in some type of activity, so I tried soccer and just stuck with it,” Patience said.


I love the game, I know it, I love to play it and watch it,” Patience added.  “It's upbeat, it's challenging, and it requires a lot of heart which I am always ready to give.”


Patience said she loves being a part of the LHS soccer team in part because of the relationships she has built.


“I’ve met some great people,” Patience said.  “My teammates are kind and fun, and I enjoy the laughs and jokes and friendships formed.  I also enjoy the coaching staff as we've created a good bond as well in the short years I have known them.”


“Something my coach is constantly reminding our team is to come ready,” Patience added.  “You will never perform to your content if you are not ready or present inside your head, and that is something I definitely carry with me from game to game and firmly believe to be true.”


As for post-graduation plans, Patience said that is still a work in progress.


“I definitely do not have it all figured out yet, all I know is I plan to move away from here and eventually get into Physical Therapy,” Patience said.  “After tearing my ACL my junior year and doing PT everyday, it struck an interest and I can definitely see myself pursuing a career in or related to it.”


Patience has been a member of the LHS lacrosse team and is currently a member of Best Buddies.


“I would say my favorite class was my Honors Spanish 3 class junior year, with Mrs. Piragis,” Patience said.  “I enjoy learning Spanish and I definitely still want to improve, and Mrs. Piragis is a great teacher.  She made the class interesting and fun, and I did genuinely learn a lot more Spanish without even realizing it.”


Outside of school, Patience loves to be with her friends, going out to eat or shop, or just hanging out. She also likes to spend time outside, go to the gym and listen to music. 




 






 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...