Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)



Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year according to her coach, Samantha Comeau. 

“She leads by example, is extremely supportive, and a huge asset to the success of this program,” Comeau said of Samara.  “She is an athlete that the younger girls in our program look up to, not only for her athletic ability, but for her character. She is hardworking, and can be counted on during crunch time.”


“Sam is the embodiment of what it means to be a great student-athlete, and her contributions will be greatly missed when she graduates,” Comeau added.  


Samara started playing volleyball after starting out her high school career playing field hockey in the fall.  


Volleyball is a team sport, which I love, and it’s extremely fun,” Samara said.  “I am surrounded every day by my close friends.  I like my teammates and just being a part of a team in general.  I like being able to perfect skills to have a part in winning games.”


Samara said she has learned a lot from Coach Comeau, including improving her mental approach.  


“I’ve learned a lot from my coach and teammates throughout the season, but the main thing is to shake off mistakes and focus on the next point,” Samara explained.  “This can be related to real life, which is why I like the lesson so much.”


Samara also hopes to continue playing volleyball after high school.


“I would love to continue to play volleyball after high school, whether that be pick up games with friends or at a D3 college,” Samara said.  


Samara plans on attending college after high school and studying speech pathology. 


She also said she has enjoyed her time at LHS.


“At the moment, I really enjoy statistics and my favorite teacher I’ve had is Mr. Roohanifar,” Samara said.  


Samara also stays busy outside of school.


“I love going to church and having Bible studies with my friends,” Samara said.  “I’m grateful to play volleyball with my close friends who I spend time with outside of sports.”  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...