Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Bridget O'Malley (Girls' Indoor Track)



 

For junior indoor track runner Bridget O’Malley, running is something she has done since she was just six years old.  

“I got introduced to the sport through my family,” Bridget said.  “I started running road races out in Springfield which is where my mom was from.  She ran the races when she was a kid and she introduced running to me where she grew up.  I started running long distance first and ran that all the way through middle school and once I got to high school I was introduced to mid distance.”

Bridget said she loves the adrenaline rush she gets from running.

I like the satisfaction I get when finishing a race and doing well,” Bridget said. 

Blue Devil girls’ indoor track coach Karen Marino said Bridget is a valuable member of the team.

“The thing that makes Bridget so valuable is her great training ethic and example she sets for all her teammates,” Marino said.  “She is an excellent utility runner that I can use anywhere in a track meet and she will be successful.  Bridget never complains and gives her all into whatever she is running.”

Bridget said being a part of the LHS track team is one she enjoys because of the camaraderie.

“Everyone is always pushing each other to do their best,” Bridget said.  “Some great memories had been made at practice and at meets.”

Bridget also said she has learned a lot from coach Marino during her time running at LHS.

“I have learned from my head coach to just continue to push myself and work hard to reach my goals,” Bridget said.  “Every bit of advice that I have been given by her has helped me improve on the track as well as mentally off the track.  Her coaching has helped me so much and allowed me to reach the skill level I am at now.” 

Other than indoor track, Bridget also plays soccer and lacrosse at LHS.   She is a member of National Honor Society as well as Student Government and has enjoyed her AP Language class the most so far.

“My favorite class I have ever taken at LHS is A.P. Language and Composition,” Bridget said.  “The class is taught by Mr. Oxford who is an amazing teacher with a great sense of humor.” 

Outside of school, her hobbies include skiing during the winter and hiking during the summer. 

“I enjoy spending time with my family and friends especially outdoors,” Bridget added.  

  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...