Monday, December 25, 2023

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Jayden Masse-Lerouge (Wrestling)



Junior wrestling captain Jayden Masse-Lerouge has emerged for Matt Schiller’s team this year, going from a two-year backup to a starter this year who has only two losses and second place finish to his credit at the Milford Tournament.  

“He works his butt off and has completely transformed his body and mind in the last two years,” Schiller said.    


The Sky View and Northwest graduate started wrestling during his freshman year at CTEi.


I thought it would be cool to wrestle, no one introduced me to the sport though,” Jayden said.  


Jayden said what he likes the most about wrestling is the mindset you need to have in order to be successful.

 

“You have to be able to lose and handle a loss while working hard to make sure you win,” Jayden said.  “It’s an individual sport, if you lose it's your fault, and also if not the hardest, one of the hardest sports in high school.”


When asked what he liked most about being a part of the LHS team, Jayden said it was “the bond you build amongst people you never thought you would get along with.”


Jayden said the big takeaway from Coach Schiller is that quitting should never be an option.  


“For wrestling my coach has shown me that you don't have to have a body for wrestling, a wrestling background, or any special privileges, you just have to be willing to work hard and endure any pain thrown your way,” Jayden said.  


Jayden is an HVAC student at CTEi who hopes to move to New York after graduating.  


“(I want to) find a well paying HVAC job in New York, and increase my incoming while pursuing my clothing brand on the side taking it to the next level,” Jayden said. 


In the spring, Jayden is a member of the track and field team.  


“My favorite class in LHS has been Ms. McAuliffe and Mr. Lee’s English class freshman year,” Jayden said.  


Outside of school, Jayden enjoys working (he has two jobs).


“I (also) enjoy working on my clothing brand whether it’s designing, networking or manufacturing,” Jayden added.  “I enjoy writing stories and poems.  I enjoy watching anime. I enjoy working out whether its lifting or going for a run.”


I enjoy going to work after school I work 2 jobs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...