Saturday, April 27, 2024

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Dom Carr (Boys' Lacrosse)



Junior Dom Carr is just the seventh underclassman captain in the 21-year history of the Leominster boys’ lacrosse program.  As a sophomore, Dom earned a spot as a starter and never looked back.


“Down the stretch of (that) season, (Dom) became a top midfielder on offense and defense for us,” LHS boys’ lacrosse coach Colin Davis said.  


“This year he has continued that excellence as our leading scorer, and one of our best defenders on the other side of the ball,” Davis added.   “He's a great leader, a straight A student, and an outstanding student-athlete who is a pleasure to coach.”


Dom started playing lacrosse when he was in the fourth grade.  


I was introduced to this sport from my sister who played at the time,” Dom said.  “At that time I was playing baseball and lost interest so I decided to try lacrosse.”


Dom said he quickly fell in love with the game.


“I like the intensity of lacrosse and how physical it is,” Dom said.  “I also like how fast-paced this game is and how there is never a moment where I’m not moving.”


Dom also said being a part of the LHS lacrosse family is pretty special.


“Since I have joined the team as a freshman, everyone took me in and it truly felt like a family,” Dom said.  “I hope to help the underclassmen feel the same way.  The LHS lacrosse team has always been a great group of guys.”


Dom said he has also learned a lot from Davis and the entire coaching staff.


“This season my coaches have taught me not to put the whole game on my shoulders, let the past go, and look forward to the next game,” Dom said.


Dom said he would love to play lacrosse in college as he begins to ponder his next steps after high school.


“I want to go college and major in mechanical engineering,” Dom said.  “I excel in math and science classes that revolve around engineering and could see myself having a future in this field.”


At LHS, Dom also plays golf and is a part of Best Buddies and National Honor Society.  He is also the Treasurer of the Class of 2025.  


“My favorite class at LHS so far has to be Algebra II sophomore year,” Dom said.  “This class also happened to be with my favorite teacher Mr.Oliver.  He allowed us to think outside of what normal Algebra II classes did in order to learn.”

“Outside of school I enjoy being very active whether it's going to the gym or practicing lacrosse,” Dom added.  “I also enjoy listening to music and having a good time with friends.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...