Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Quinn Maher-Killelea (Boys' Volleyball)



Senior boys’ volleyball standout Quinn Maher-Killelea is relatively new to the sport, after joining the team his sophomore year.


My friends and I thought it looked super dope, and different from other sports we saw for high school,” Quinn said.  “Honestly, I just signed up and went to try it out.”


That decision to try out turned out to be a good one for Quinn.


“Volleyball is a huge part of my life and having a community of people to play with is probably my favorite thing,” Quinn said.  “What I like most about being on the team is getting to play real games and overcome challenges with friends I’ve had for years.”


LHS boys’ volleyball coach said Quinn is a big part of the team’s success.  


“I've never had a more passionate player in Quinn,” Antonetti said.  “He brings talent, heart and mostly love for the game in his play.”


Quinn said he has learned a lot about the mental side of the sport from Coach Antonetti.


I’ve learned to be calm and to use my head only when I need it when I play from my coach,” Quinn said.


Quinn said he also hopes this won’t be his last year of organized volleyball.


“I would like to continue playing volleyball after high school and will probably keep playing for the rest of my life,” Quinn said.  “College is where I really want to play though.”


Quinn hopes to attend a four-year college and study tech.  


Quinn also remains busy here at LHS.


“I played Lacrosse before, but as a spring sport I had to chose volleyball instead,” Quinn said.  “I go to tutoring after school and often help out with senior school events.”


“My favorite class (here at LHS) was my Guitar Lab TA class with Mr. Bergeron, and my favorite teacher is Ms. G, aka The Goat,” Quinn said.  


Outside of school, Quinn enjoys hanging out with his girlfriend and gardening. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...