Saturday, May 25, 2024

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Adrianna Lattanzio (Girls' Tennis)



Adrianna Lattanzio has been a member of the LHS girls’ tennis team since her sophomore year and her game has seen big improvements year over year.  In her first year, Adrianna only saw action in two matches playing at second doubles.  As a junior, Adrianna saw action in 16 matches at second doubles.  Now a senior, Adrianna has played in all matches to date at first doubles.  

Adrianna was voted tri-captain by her teammates at the conclusion of her junior campaign and is a natural leader according to her coach, Daryl Robichaud.  


“Anna has matured into a vocal leader,” Robichaud said.  “She is a great communicator and has been instrumental in maintaining the positive culture that is a hallmark of the Girls' Tennis program.”


On the court, Adrianna is known for her ability to blow opponents away.   


“Anna has developed a strong power game and is equally effective with her net play,” Robichaud said.  “Her serve is one of the most feared in Central Massachusetts.”


Adrianna said she loves being a part of the LHS girls’ tennis team. 


No matter what, I've always had such a good relationship with my team and endless support from my teammates and my coach,” Adrianna said.  “I love watching the rookies get a chance to play, and even watching the veterans play too.  It’s always fun to see them play on the court.”


Adrianna said she has learned a lot from her coach, including demonstrating great sportsmanship and honesty.  


“Roby has taught us to treat others how you want to be treated, to always be kind,” Adrianna said. “And the most important rule he stresses is to have fun.  So that is exactly what I do every time I step on that court.”


Adrianna is attending Quinnipiac in the fall and majoring in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. 


“After I graduate I plan to work at a hospital in the city,” Adrianna said.  


Adrianna is a member of the Psychology Club at LHS and has truly enjoyed her academic experience at LHS.’


“My favorite class at LHS is A.P. Psych, which I am currently taking this year.  You learn so many amazing things in the course, and the teacher, Mrs.Robineau, is nothing but incredible.”


“My favorite teacher throughout high school has been Mr. Robichaud, without fail,” Adrianna added. “I’ve been in one of his classes since my sophomore year and have always enjoyed the energy he is able to create every single day.  “Mr. Robichaud is a great teacher and coach and is extremely supportive of everyone around him.


Outside of school, Adrianna stays busy as well.


“I work at a daycare when I’m not in tennis season, I love spending my time with children,” Adrianna said.  “I also like to read a lot and I always enjoy the company of my family.”


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Devil Athlete Spotlight: Samara Rosado (Girls' Volleyball)

Senior girls’ volleyball player Samara Rosado has been an impactful team member since joining the volleyball program her sophomore year acco...